Wednesday, November 6, 2019 —
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
|SALARY: Commensurate with experience|
|POSITION TYPE: Contract with the possibility of extension|
|EMPLOYMENT DURATION: Full-time (12-month contract)|
|WEEKLY HOURS: 35|
|OPENED DATE: November 4, 2019|
|CLOSING DATE: November 22, 2019|
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1|
SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Innovation, the Program Coordinator will contribute to and support the development and implementation of Ottawa Community Housing (OCH) Foundation flagship programs and initiatives.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the Foundation’s recLINK program (community and stakeholder outreach and engagement; case management; program registrations);
- Nurture relationships with community stakeholders and partners to identify needs and support program delivery;
- Undertake and support measurement and evaluation activities for program development and funder/donor engagement and reporting;
- Support the development and implementation of OCH Foundation awareness campaigns, special events and fundraising activities;
- Perform general administrative duties (environmental scans, report preparation, filing, client interviews and meetings, processing forms and internal/external requests).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Good knowledge and/or work experience within the social services, education, health, and recreation sectors.
- An understanding of Ottawa’s charitable sector, with knowledge pertaining to low-income populations.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to produce and follow work plans.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with program measurement and evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Skills in managing website content, social media accounts, preparing presentations and promotional content.
- Computer proficient – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be resourceful with a can-do spirit.
A typical candidate will have the following qualifications and experience. Exceptional candidates with different qualifications will be considered at the discretion of the employer if demonstrated experience, knowledge and ability warrant:
- Diploma or degree in education, social work, health promotion, recreation or a related discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years related experience implementing projects or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
ABOUT THE OCH FOUNDATION TEAM
- We support families, youth, children and seniors to achieve personal success through education, employment and community engagement initiatives. We invest in opportunities to support our tenants so that they experience enhanced quality of life and well-being.
- Our small team allows for flexibility and lots of exposure to many projects and initiatives. There will be opportunities to lead some and support or contribute to others.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population we serve.
- Oral fluency, reading, and writing abilities in English are required.
- English essential. Second language considered a strong asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Must have a valid “G” Class driver license or equivalent and provide a personal vehicle for business use.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals AND have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. Please submit a cover letter along with a resume by 4 pm Friday November 22, 2019. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Attention: OCH Foundation Programs & Innovation Team
c/o OCH Foundation for Healthy Communities
39 Auriga Drive, Ottawa ON K2E 7Y8
We appreciate your interest and thank you for your consideration; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.