Tuesday, November 3, 2020 —
We have an immediate opening for a Communications and Engagement Coordinator. This is a 6-month, part-time contract with the possibility of extension.
We are seeking an innovative, self-starter who is day-one capable of assisting the OCH Foundation in the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement and communications projects that support our mandate to break down barriers and enhance the quality of life and social wellbeing of people living in OCH neighborhoods.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will coordinate, and support engagement and communications projects related to the Foundation’s: Annual Giving Campaign, recLINK and Youth Futures Program, Fundraising and Special Events, and General Stakeholder Outreach.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Craft compelling content and collateral tailored for various audiences and purposes, including web pages, e-newsletters, marketing collateral, program announcements, editorials, scripts, reports, blogs, and social media posts;
- Support the development and implementation of the Foundation’s giving campaign, awareness campaigns, special events and fundraising activities;
- Maintain and advance the Foundation’s corporate website and microsites with knowledge of emerging and best practice in web development / design;
- Manage the Foundation’s social media accounts, and maintain content calendar that is aligned with campaign priorities and activities;
- Produce the Foundation’s Annual Impact report;
- Nurture relationships with community stakeholders and partners to identify needs and support service delivery;
- Support the Foundation’s Program’s team in tenant engagement activities;
- Perform general administration as required.
A typical candidate will have the following qualifications and experience. Exceptional candidates with different qualifications will be considered if demonstrated experience, knowledge and ability warrant:
- Diploma or degree in communications, public relations, or related discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years related experience implementing projects or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Editing, layout, and design skills. Able to use software applications and platforms such as WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, MailChimp and Constant Contact;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- An understanding of Ottawa’s charitable sector, with understanding, sensitivity and discretion as it relates to challenges faced by low-income populations;
- Excellent project management skills and ability to produce and follow work plans;
- Skills in media relations and media monitoring;
- Knowledge of sector regulations and best practices (e.g. CASL);
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Computer proficient – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be resourceful with a can-do spirit.
ABOUT THE OCH FOUNDATION TEAM
- We support families, youth, children and seniors to achieve personal success through education, employment and community engagement initiatives. We invest in opportunities to support our tenants so that they experience enhanced quality of life and well-being.
- Our small team allows for flexibility and lots of exposure to many projects and initiatives. There will be opportunities to lead some and support or contribute to others.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population we serve.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English;
- Oral fluency and reading ability in French required;
- Additional languages considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals AND have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. Please submit a cover letter or 30 second video introducing yourself along with a resume by November 11th, 2020. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Attention: OCH Foundation for Healthy Communities
We appreciate your interest and thank you for your consideration; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.