Wednesday, September 13, 2023 — Friday, September 15th, 2023 | Ottawa, ON – Please join us for the OCH Foundation’s 10th Annual Charity Golf Tournament. The golf tournament is the OCH Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year. The funds raised during this event support the Foundation’s six core programs:
- Pack-a-sack – The OCH Foundation’s Pack-a-Sack program purchases supplies and backpacks for children living in Ottawa Community Housing so they can return to school equipped and ready to learn.
- Inspired by Learning Bursary – provides financial assistance ($1,000) to tenants of OCH who are undertaking post-secondary studies and who demonstrate financial need.
- recLINK – recLINK staff help families navigate the recreation registration and subsidy systems, overcome barriers to participation, and link children and youth to programs that meet their needs and interests.
- Youth Futures – OCH Foundation is a partner in the delivery of Youth Futures; a program that supports youth 16-21 years build important skills to prepare for post-secondary education and employment.
- Tomorrow Ready – a program in partnership with Khalsa Aid Ottawa which provides food assistance and personal hygiene products to residents in need.
- Hop on Bikes – a partnership with reCycles Ottawa that refurbishes bikes and donates them to children and youth living in OCH communities.
These programs lay the foundation for healthy communities by supporting children, youth, families, and individuals living in all 155 Ottawa Community Housing (OCH) within the City of Ottawa.
Date: Friday, September 15th, 2023
Location: Loch March Golf and Country Club, 1755 Old Carp Rd. Kanata, ON
Time: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Optimal time for interviews and photos: 11:00 AM
In Attendance will be:
- Angela Bégin, Executive Director, OCH Foundation
- Stephane Giguère, CEO, Ottawa Community Housing
- Melissa Reeves, Vice-Chair, OCH Foundation Board of Director & COO Linebox Studio
- Nick Ethier, Vice-Chair, OCH Foundation Board of Director
- Jim Watson, Director, OCH Foundation Board of Director
- Barbara Spanton, Director, OCH Foundation Board of Director
To RSVP or Schedule an Interview please contact:
Briar Gornall, Communications and Engagement Coordinator
(613) 697-0824 | Briar.Gornall@ochfoundation.ca
About the OCH Foundation
Committed to the 32,000 tenants living in Ottawa Community Housing, the OCH Foundation helps families, youth and children achieve personal success through education, employment, and community engagement projects. The Foundation has raised over 11 million dollars since its inception which has been redistributed through tenant focused programs and initiatives. www.ochfoundation.ca / LinkedIn / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook